Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Sam Pene Fanfic



Fanfic

This story is based on the movie “Princess Mononoke” and continues from the perspective of San sometime after the end of the movie.

It’s been so long since I’ve been home. Ashitaka…..how are you doing?
I thought this one phrase constantly for the last month. Ever since I ran away from home, I’ve found that being on the road is harsh and lonely and I’m beginning to feel desperate. My depression is getting worse.

Heeeeeeelp” I heard someone yell from the distance.
I froze in horror. What should I do? I thought to myself.

Heeeeelp” I heard again, this time even louder.

My instincts kicked in and I found myself running towards the commotion. I could feel my body move slower. My human legs held me back. I wasn’t as fast as when I used to run with my wolf family. I burst through the trees into a clearing and spotted a large boar protecting a smaller weaker boar behind him which had its butt pinned up against a small oak tree in fear of the monster approaching.
But the monster wasn’t me, standing all but 10 metres away was a gigantic bronze coloured mountain lion. Immediately I noticed it’s scars which covered its body from head to paws. This monstrous lion had been in a lot of battles. With one leap the mountain lion grasped its ferocious jaws on the boars throat.

NOOOOOO!!!” screamed the little boar in agony at the sight.

I reacted immediately by grabbing a huge rock sitting nearby and pegging it directly at the lions massive skull.

Headshot!”  I exclaimed as the rock landed right between the eyes of the lion.

Surprised and confused, the lion dashed away into the thick bush of the forest.

I immediately ran over to the larger boar and noticed the wound on its neck. It was fatal.

The smaller boar scrambled over and huddled next to the bigger boar. He started sobbing.
Then something strange happened. The big boar looked at me, and with his last ounce of strength he said something.

Please help my brother return home” before passing on gracefully. I knew the look of these boars. They were from the same place I was. They reminded me of home.

I turned to the little boar and noticed he was standing next to a sparkling stone. I paid no more attention to it or the boar as I turned around and left.

It took about 30 seconds for the little boar to catch up to me.

Please” he said. “Please help me return home to the forest.”

Why should I help you” I replied.

Because I’m lost and I don’t know how to get home. You’re the wolf girl” said the young boar. “My names Ookoyama” the boar squealed.

I immediately thought of my mother Moro.
Fine Ookayama” I said “but you better not slow me down.”

Ookoyama stared blankly as he wiggled his little body behind me.  

As time passed on and we got closer to home I could feel a presence following us. The wind was ripe with the scent of blood. I could smell the mountain lion following us.

Why did that mountain lion attack you?” I asked Ookoyama

Because of this stone we found” replied Ookoyama opening his mouth and displaying the shiny gem from earlier.

What is that?” I asked him.

My father said it heals the user” replied Ookoyama.

Did it belong to the lions?” I asked him.

Yes, but we didn’t realise until it was too late” he said lowering his voice and his head to the ground.

Heals the user? I thought to myself. What a joke. “Let’s go” I whispered. I knew it wasn’t safe there. We had to move and had to move fast.

Finally I saw it. The edge of the forest.

We’re home” Ookayama squealed with delight.

I smiled. We we’re almost home. Then I saw it. A big silhouette emerge from the forest. Eyes as black as night. It was the mountain lion and it had come to reclaim what was his.

Get behind me” I screamed to Ookoyama as I stepped forward to challenge the monstrous beast. If I can only save Ookoyama then It will mean my life was worth some value after all.

Ookoyama submitted to my command immediately in fear, but it wasn’t fear of me.

Ookoyama, when I get the lions attention you must run into the forest as fast as you can!” I murmured very quietly to Ookayama.

Okay” he responded.

He wasn’t crying this time. This time he was determined to make it home to his family.

Now Ookayama” I screamed as I ran head on towards the lion.

Ookayama took off at top speed around my left flank and immediately the lion turned and attempted to cut the young boar off but I was far too quick for him. I landed on his head and immediately clawed at his eyes in hopes to blind him but it proved unsuccessful. He flung me off with a sharp move of the neck then plunged his jaws into my throat and shook me around like a ragdoll. I passed out. If only Ookoyama made it…….

I woke up. I was dazed and confused. There he was standing over me. Ashitaka. How on earth was he here.

Here sit up” he said.

I complied.

I heard a huge squeal from behind him. Then I saw him. Ookoyama! He was alive and he was with two bigger boars which I assumed were his mother and father.

How am I alive?” I asked looking back and forth between Ashitaka and Ookoyama.

The stone healed your wounds” replied Ookoyama with a smile on his face.

I smiled in relief. We talked back and forth and explained everything to Ashitaka.
It turns out he showed up just in time and killed the mountain lion. If it wasn’t for him I would’ve died for sure. The boar family bid farewell and took off into the forest.

What will you do now?” said Ashitaka.

I think It’s time to come home” I replied with a big smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment